Monday 23 January 2017

Regretful Past - 100 WC week #18

Regretful Past



I glared at the steel bars that separated me from my family.  I surveyed my cell seeing the tallies covering the walls. I looked under the bed and took out a mauve colored letter from my children.  I regret that day when I broke into that house.  I got caught in the act by a boy who was getting a midnight snack.  The boy grabbed carrots out his fridge and started throwing them at me, screaming and crying for his dad.  I became tearful, and before I knew it, tears streamed down my cheeks.  I slowly put the letter under the bed.

2 comments:

  1. Great story but you spelt survived wrong. Other than that great story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to write surveyed. Surveyed = Looked around or examining.

      Delete